Monday, April 18, 2011

outwardly simple and inwardly rich

what does God ask from us?

He has shown you, o man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? ~Micah 6:8

he asks us to do three things:
1) act fairly
2) show compassion and kindness
3) be humbled in following the Lord's will

i want to keep this constantly in my mind as i struggle during my day.


Lord,
you show your perfection even in your requests about my behavior. you are more humble in your Godliness than i am in my fallen humanness. instill your requirements in my brain and in my heart and in my actions. hold me by the hand and rear me to your standard. i ache to be more caring and thoughtful to the family and friends around me. show me my failings. help me to honor You through the people i love, by surpassing their expectations of my graciousness in a supernatural way only You make possible. i am joyfully your child and your servant and your burden forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...