Thursday, February 3, 2011

intentional living

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there." ~Lewis Carroll

day three of being more generous with my time and my talents: volunteering at the retirement center. i enjoy my time with the elderly and do not consider it 'work' to be with them. my boys are coming with me which divides my attention (as i have to make sure they are behaving appropriately). i love sharing stories with these people and listening to their knowledge. it seems to me as if many of them lived their life with the end result in mind. they knew where they wanted to end up; it didn't 'just happen'. if they wanted a new car, they saved up for one and didn't buy it on credit. if they wanted to travel, they planned it down to the last detail. if they wanted to 'go out', they took dance lessons and went to the moose or vfw. if they wanted a clean house, they made a schedule and stuck to it. they lived life intentionally. i hope someone says that about me when i am that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...