Sunday, February 6, 2011

some days you wake up sad

seasons.
summer, fall, winter, spring.
not just weather,
life.
my life is in the midst of winter.
cold, dreary winter.
dark.
bleak.
miserable.
winter.
the snow is falling, the wind is blowing, the storm surrounds me.
i look out into the frigid white and see the frozen beauty,
perfect and agonizing.
it makes my heart race and my breathe stick in my throat.
it leaves me chilled
and melancholy.
this storm will pass.
another may take its place.
but that storm will also pass.
the icy, brittle blanket of winter can not stay forever.
spring will come.
will soften the unblemished landscape to dirty mushy gray.
will melt the painful sorrow to reveal traces of
dingy beauty.
the slush will recede,
and the hurt will be soaked up.
new.
---
Sometimes it's gonna be days like this
Sometimes it's gonna be rain like this
Sometimes you're gonna feel pain like this
Sometimes you gotta work hard for it
~Amerie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...